Growing Kids Academy
Revision Date: November 7, 2019
- Personal Information
Your privacy is very important to all of us at Growing Kids Academy (the “Company”). We are committed to the responsible use of information provided by our customers, users, and visitors to www.growingkidsacademy.com (the “Site”).
- Information Collection & Use
In general, anyone may visit the Site without revealing any personal information. However, there are occasions when the Company needs to obtain information from our visitors. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include, but may not be limited to, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, and the total number of visitors to the Site on an anonymous aggregate basis. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to research or to improve the Company’s Site and the services we offer, and to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information. We track trends in users’ usage and volume statistics to create a more efficient and usable site and offerings, and to determine areas of the site or our services that could be improved to enhance the user and customer experience. Any and all information you provide to the Company is for internal use only. It is not sold to any third parties.
For quality control purposes, we may monitor and record telephone calls, to enable us to provide you with more efficient and better Services, or to allow us to resolve any disputes or concerns that you may have. By engaging in Direct Communications, you explicitly consent to our monitoring and recording of your telephone calls. If you do not wish for your telephone calls to be monitored and/or recorded, do not contact us through the telephone.
You agree that we may use your Personal Information, including your email address, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze Site usage, to improve the Services, and to customize the Site’s content, layout, and services. These uses improve our Site and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe, and customized experience while using the Site and/or the Services.
- Communications from the Site or Direct Communications
We may also use information that the Company receives from you or about your visit to the Site to contact you via e-mail or other means to occasionally send you information on products, services, special deals, and promotions. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe from each of these communications. If you no longer wish to receive this information, you may opt-out by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you engage in Direct Communications with the Company, we may use any information received from the Direct Communications to carry out our obligations under state and federal law, including, but not limited to, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (“FERPA”), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPPA”), and the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (“GLBA”).
We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if access to our products or Services is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email or text message. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, please do not submit your Personal Information through our Site.
- Links to Other Sites
- Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use the Site, we collect certain information by automated electronic means, which may include:
- Flash Cookies – Certain features of our Site may use locally stored objects called Flash Cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for Browser Cookies.
- Web Beacons – Our emails and certain pages of our Site may contain small electronic files known as Web Beacons that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web Beacons are sometimes also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs.
- Session Cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as managing page views, and are usually erased by your browser when you exit it. Persistent Cookies are used for a number of reasons, such as storing your preferences and retrieving certain information you have previously provided. Persistent Cookies are stored on your devices after you exit your browser.
The information from Cookies is also stored in web server logs, which are then transmitted back to the Site by your computers or mobile devices. These servers and Cookies are operated and managed by us and/or our service providers. As you use the Site and Services, your browsers communicate with servers operated by the Company and/or our service providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information.
Cookies are also used to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect is statistical and may include Personal Information, such as your IP address, and we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. Cookies help us improve our Site and Services and help Us deliver better Site and Services, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third party advertising companies online at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
You may manage how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by NAI members. The NAI’s main webpage is located at www.networkadvertising.org.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site or on other websites or applications. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect Personal Information, including your email address, submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, through voicemail, or other method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
- Rights to Access and Control Your Personal Information
- Delete Data: You may request that we delete your Personal Information. Please note that we cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account.
- Change or Correct Data: You can also ask us to change, update, or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You may request that we do not use your Personal Information, but keep in mind that this will terminate our ability to provide any Service(s) to you.
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your Personal Information.
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, obtain copies of, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us.
- Changes in this Privacy Statement
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
We do not knowingly collect information from minors. Our Site is intended for and directed towards adults. Our Services are not directed to minors and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not [use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features/register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use]. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
© 2019 Growing Kids Academy